Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SM 2012 - History of Yoga with Philip Fominykh

Saguaro Man 2012 Event

Hi All,

I will be doing a mini talk on the history and the main concepts of Yoga at E-3 camp's stage, Saturday at 4:30pm. If you're a new to yoga or an experienced practitioner who needs an overview, stop by to learn about the history of yoga from Patanjali's Yoga Sutras to present day. 
I'm going to cover the subject of bandhas, the eight limbs, how pranayama relates to your practice, the difference between asana and vinyasa, who is Krishnamacharya and how he created modern yoga. The talk is a result of my personal attempt to get a better understanding of where yoga came from.

A little bit about myself, I've been practicing yoga for the past 6 years. I recently started doing mysore style ashtanga yoga, so I used that opportunity to go deeper into my practice and learn a little bit of theory.

All are welcome and hope to see you there! :)
~Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment